Wednesday, June 08, 2005

New books, new bits

Weeeell, I bought a couple of new books yesterday. The Skinner by Neal Asher, and Paladin of Souls by Lois McMaster Bujold. I've started with The Skinner, and I just don't want to put it down. Too bad work and sleep get in the way, or I'd be sitting on my couch reading the thing right now. Good stuff so far. I was a bit disappointed that, when I picked up Paladin, I got it home and found out that there was a book ahead of it. But, thankfully, a review I read said that you didn't really need to read the first one. Maybe I'll get it before reading Paladin.

I just finished typing up an outline for a project I had been working on forever. It's plot line is complete. At least, the major happenings. It's been bothering me forever, because nothing seemed right. Until, I had found some older notes I had written. Those belonged, the newer stuff, well, it was boring me. Now it feels much better. I don't care how long it ends up, I will get it written and hopefully finished soon. Yay!

2 Comments:

At 5:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, glad to see you blogging again regularly! That is really great news about your project. I am going through the exact same problem with my novel ... my conceptualizations lately have bored me. Your collaboration sounds cool. I enjoy collaborating with like minds, too.

Glad to know about 'The Skinner' ... I was wondering if Asher's books were good. I'll have to get this one, methinks.

 
At 11:15 AM, Blogger Angela said...

The Skinner is the first of Mr. Asher's books for me. I'm a bit over 50 pages into it, and I am really enjoying it so far.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home