Thursday, August 28, 2003

Not too much to report this week. I got Two Towers on Dvd, and after watching the preview for Return of the King, I'm drooling with anticipation. December feels so far off. But, I still have the book to finish, I will have to be satisfied with that for now.

Also, got the Simpsons Season 3 set. Woohoo!!

I actually did a spot of writing while on the bus this morning. Sadly, I can't get much done due to a 5 minute bus ride, although the "waiting-for-second-the-bus" is a decent chunk of time to scribble down some things. Maybe I should put the book away and just write.

I went shopping with my mom yesterday, I should have picked up some finger paint at the craft store. Something about painting with no structure is therapeutic, but the finished product would be a blob of meaningless dribbles of paint. I never liked Jackson Pollock's work. Performance art is something, I feel, that should be kept to dance, music, plays, etc. Watching someone fling paint around is not what I consider art. I never really liked modern art, I'm a renaissance woman. Give me baroque, medieval, ancient, I want no abstract goo-gaws that are called art because some avante garde wanna-be says it is. There should be some technique, and passion put into it. Not to say that some of the new stuff isn't created out of passion, but it just seems so shallow and unappealing to me. Kmart, commercial, dogs playing poker, velvet elvis. How did I turn this into a debate on art? lol who knows...I think I'm too sleepy to be coherent right now. So, until next time....ZZZZZzzzzzzZZZzzzz

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home