Monday, July 25, 2005

Update o' stuff

I finished Karen Traviss'City of Pearllast night. It was really good. Kind of sad it's over.

Watched Master and Commander this weekend. It was pretty good. More human than what I expected. Also watched The Final Cut. That one was a bit creepy and quite sad, it was ok overall. Nothing to jump up and down about.

Haven't been writing lately. I think I've just been preoccupied with work. I guess since things are smoothing out now, no excuse to put off writing, eh? hehe

On a personal note, my Grandpa passed away a couple weeks ago. I didn't go to the funeral, too many of those last summer. I hardly knew him, but, I feel like I need to mention it. I have one grandparent left. Just feels...weird...I guess. In a way, mortality stares you in the face when you get older and start losing family. Circle of life my ass, it's kind of scary.

3 Comments:

At 5:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Angela, so sorry to hear about the death of your dear grandpa. I know you'll have good memories.

I am just finishing up Roger Zelazny's collection of short stores.. "The Last Defender of Camelot"and then I'll read City of Pearl.. Can't wait!
RZ is very very good!
Cheers,
Claudia

 
At 5:12 PM, Blogger Angela said...

Thanks Claudia :) I hardly knew him, not many memories. Very few.

I like Mr. RZ, too. Loved Amber.

 
At 9:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry about yor grandfather, Angela. I know what you mean about getting older.

--

I've heard lots of good stuff about Traviss. I should check that out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home